Friday, May 20, 2011

Never give up!

Sometimes things happen we have no control over and sometimes we lose control over things we think we can control.  Keeping control can be for some people the most difficult thing in the world.  I may be one of those people.  Anyway,  I'm glad to be back.

While I was away two new members have joined our household.  Maxwell and Maddy.

Four months ago I started taking walks around our grounds and a cute little kitty decided to join me.  He met me every evening on the walk and played leap frog of a sort with me.  Having lost Oliver this year I thought maybe he and Luigi (Oliver's brother) might hit it off.  He was available for adoption. He is what is referred to as a friendly ferral from a colony maintained on the property.  He and Luigi hit it off and he fit in very easily.  The sad part is that he is related to Oliver and suffers from the same congenital heart disease that took Oliver's life. His name is Max and his life may be short, but I intend to make it a good one for him.

Two weeks ago a neighbor was given a three week old calico kitten to watch for the weekend.  Supposedly it could eat on its own.  It couldn't. The neighbor couldn't get it to eat but I was able to.  Do you see where this is going? I said I would keep it till it was stable and able to be adopted.  Now I can't give her up.  We gave her the name Maddy and she is now livening up our household.

No comments:

Post a Comment