Friday, July 16, 2010

Children!

The Artistic Mother: A Practical Guide to Fitting Creativity into Your Life
Life is getting back to normal. I am back to work three days a week in a physician's office and I am finally allowing myself time for my art.  I just finished reading the The Artistic Mother: A Practical Guide to Fitting Creativity into Your Life by Shona Cole.  You do not need to be a mother to appreciate this book.  Her advice on making time, setting goals, and breaking up projects into smaller steps so the project can be completed in a limited amount of time is invaluable. My friends at PaperWhimsy know what I'm talking about.  I'm always the last or near the last to finish a project.  Since I love photography, I found her concise tutorial on taking great pictures rewarding.  Children can be difficult to photograph and she has plenty of advice on catching that great shot!  Here is a portrait of my newest godchild Sophia who came to stay with her mom, nanna, and sister Isabel.

2 comments:

  1. Isn't SHE adorable???? What a great photo...blow it up and hang that on your wall!

    Interesting....today I was at Borders and picked up Artistic Mother. It is amazingly beautiful and I agree with you! Shoulda bought it, Jan!

    Hey, you're not the last one finished at PW! We're just holding the space for you because your work is so wonderful.

    Hugs,
    Jan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jan..

    You are such a sweetie.


    Thank you!
    Dorene

    ReplyDelete